Information on Abstract Submission for Poster Presentations Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference 2020
General Information on Poster Presentations:
- Abstracts related to any one of the following topics will be considered: Community Pharmacy, Institutional / Clinical Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmacy Education, Pharmacy Informatics, Medication Safety / Pharmacovigilance, Integrative Medicines / TCM, Pharmacogenomics, and Pharmaceutical Technology.
- The type of abstract may include:
- Descriptive reports of new or innovative pharmacy roles or services and
- Evaluative studies – original research, including clinical research, surveys, drug-use evaluations, pharmacoeconomic studies, and evaluation of innovative pharmacy services and/or educational programs.
- There is a limit of one submission per presenting author.
- The presenting author must complete the online Abstract Submission Application Form. Abstract submission by fax or post will NOT be accepted.
- Abstract submission deadline is 15:00 on 1 May 2020 (Friday).
- Authors will be notified by email of acceptance of their papers by 8 May 2020 (Friday).
- The presenting author is required to register on or before 24 May 2020 (Sunday) to confirm his/ her participation in the poster presentation. The registration must be valid on both days of the Conference.
To promote sharing of best practices and findings on pharmacy practice research, authors of selected abstracts this year are also invited to submit a 3-minute video presentation on their work by 26 June 2020 (Friday) for uploading to the Conference's mobile application. Authors of accepted abstract are to confirm if they will submit a video presentation by 24 May 2020 (Sunday) as well.
- Expenses associated with the submission and presentation of the paper is the responsibility of the presenters.
- Research that has been published or presented at any national or international meeting prior to this conference is discouraged.
- Accepted abstracts will be published as submitted and distributed at the Conference. Changes to abstracts will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
- The Conference reserves the right to make minor editorial changes on the abstracts.
- After the Conference, presenters are highly encouraged to submit a full paper for publication in the Hong Kong Pharmaceutical Journal (email@example.com).
Guidelines for Preparation of Abstract*
- Title of abstract; capitalize the first letter of each noun
- Author list: Surname, First/Middle initial(s); underline the name of the presenting author
- Affiliation list: Institution, City, State/Province, Country
- The text must be organized in single-spaced paragraphs without indent as follows:
- The abstract, excluding title and author and affiliation lists, should be no more than 300 words.
- The abstract should not include tables or figures.
- Abstract should be typed single-spaced using 12-point font of Times New Roman and saved in MS Word format.
- Abstract submissions and presentations should be in English.
Criteria for Evaluation of Abstracts:
The abstracts will be selected for poster presentations, based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the project or research
- Appropriateness of the methods
- Validity of the results and conclusions
- Clarity of the presentation
- Utility of the data and / or significance of the work
Presentation of Posters:
- Presentation schedule will be notified after confirmation of presenting is received.
- Posters are presented at the times designated in the final programme.
Best Poster & Video Presentation Awards:
- There will be three awards concerning Poster and Video Presentation in 2020.
- Best Poster Award
- Delegates' Elected Poster Award
- Best Video Presentation Award
- For 1), the Best Poster will be selected by a judge panel and the selection criteria include originality, content, presentation style and interaction; the best poster presentation can win the prize consists of free registration to Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference 2021.
- For 2) and 3), the selection criteria will be based on voting / rating by Conference Delegates using the Conference's mobile application.
- The Best Poster Award Presentation Ceremony will be held during the Conference Lunch on 12 July 2020 (Sunday).