Information on Abstract Submission for Poster Presentations Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference 2019
General Information on Poster Presentations:
- Abstracts related to any one of the following topics will be considered: Community Pharmacy, Institutional / Clinical Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmacy Education, Pharmacy Informatics, Medication Safety / Pharmacovigilance, Integrative Medicines / TCM, Pharmacogenomics, and Pharmaceutical Technology.
- The type of abstract may include:
- Descriptive reports of new or innovative pharmacy roles or services and
- Evaluative studies – original research, including clinical research, surveys, drug-use evaluations, pharmacoeconomic studies, and evaluation of innovative pharmacy services and/or educational programs.
- There is a limit of one submission per presenting author.
- The presenting author must complete the online Abstract Submission Application Form. Abstract submission by fax or post will NOT be accepted.
- Abstract submission deadline is 17:00 on 4 January 2019.
- Authors will be notified by email of acceptance of their papers by 14 January 2019.
- The presenting author is required to register on or before 21 January 2019 to confirm his/ her participation in the poster presentation. The registration must be valid on both days of the Conference.
- Expenses associated with the submission and presentation of the paper is the responsibility of the presenters.
- Research that has been published or presented at any national or international meeting prior to this conference is discouraged.
- Accepted abstracts will be published as submitted and distributed at the Conference. Changes to abstracts will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
- The Conference reserves the right to make minor editorial changes on the abstracts.
- After the Conference, presenters are highly encouraged to submit a full paper for publication in the Hong Kong Pharmaceutical Journal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Guidelines for Preparation of Abstract
- Title of abstract; capitalize the first letter of each noun
- Author list: Surname, First/Middle initial(s); underline the name of the presenting author
- Affiliation list: Institution, City, State/Province, Country
- The text must be organized in single-spaced paragraphs without indent as follows:
- The abstract, excluding title and author and affiliation lists, should be no more than 300 words.
- The abstract should not include tables or figures.
- Abstract should be typed single-spaced using 12-point font of Times New Roman and saved in MS Word format.
- Abstract submissions and presentations should be in English.
Criteria for Evaluation of Abstracts:
The abstracts will be selected for poster presentations, based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the project or research
- Appropriateness of the methods
- Validity of the results and conclusions
- Clarity of the presentation
- Utility of the data and / or significance of the work
Presentation of Posters:
- Presentation schedule will be notified after confirmation of presenting is received.
- Posters are presented at the times designated in the final programme.
Best Poster Awards:
- There will be Best Poster Award 2019.
- The selection criteria include originality, content and presentation style.
- The best poster presentation can win the prize consists of free registration to Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference 2020.
- The Best Poster Award Presentation Ceremony will be held during the Conference Lunch on Sunday, 10 March 2019.